PERSONAL DATA (PRIVACY) POLICY STATEMENT ("STATEMENT")
1. Collection policy and objectives You are strongly recommended to read the Statement carefully to have an understanding of our policy and practices with regard to the treatment of personal information and data provided by you to us at www.shiamas.com ("Website"). By using the Website, you signify your agreement to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us in accordance with the Statement. Please note that the provisions herein may be updated, revised, varied and amended from time to time as we deem necessary. Your continued use of the Website following such revision shall be deemed as your acceptance of the amended Statement. It is your responsibility to check the Statement regularly for any amendments. The Statement is written in both English and Chinese. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English and Chinese version of the Statement, the English version shall prevail.
2. Purposes of collection of personal data In the course of using the Website, you may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy our various services, information and promotional materials, it is necessary for us to collect some personal particulars from you. Although you are not obliged to provide the data or information as requested on the Website, we will not be able to render our services and provide information and promotional materials to you in the event that you fail to do so. Our purposes for collection of the information and data on the Website include but not limited to the following:
2.1 to provide you with various services offered by us, online shopping, marketing materials, event information and promotional messages (such as Shiamas mailings);
2.2 to handle and follow up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
2.3 to contact you regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Website and/or the services offered by us;
2.4 to assist us with developments for future marketing purposes and/or joint promotion events with third parties;
2.5 to verify your identity;
2.6 to obtain statistics about our users to analyze site usage in order to help its further development; and
2.7 to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns. Please note that if you are under the age of 13, we would strongly recommend you to seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for you.
3. Collection of personal data from users visiting the Website When you visit our websites, we will record your visit and IP Address only and will not collect any personal data from you unless otherwise stated. Cookies used (if any) in any part of our websites will not be deployed for collecting personal data. For your information, Cookies are small computer files that can be stored in web surfers' computers for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analyzing web surfers' viewing habits. They can save you from registering again when re-visiting a website and are commonly used to track your preferences in relation to the subject matter of the website. You may refuse to accept Cookies by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system, but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions in our websites. Our websites may bar users who do not accept Cookies. Information and data collected by means of cookies will not be disclosed save and except for the circumstances listed out in paragraph 4.
4. Transfer and disclosure of personal data We will not sell, rent or trade to any third party any personal information and data (in whole or in part)obtained from you without your consent. We agree to take all practicable steps to keep all your personal information and data confidential and/or undisclosed save and except under the following circumstances whereby the said information and data may be disclosed and/or transferred:
4.1 to any third party suppliers or service providers who have been duly authorised by us to use the said information and/or data and who will facilitate our services;
4.2 to any agents, consultants, affiliates or associates of us who have been duly authorised by us to use the said information and/or data;
4.3 where we need to protect and defend our rights and property;
4.4 where we consider we are required to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations; and
4.5 where we deem necessary in order to maintain and improve our services. By using the Website, you are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorised us to disclose and transfer your personal information and/or data under the circumstances stated above.
6. Security Protection of your personal information and data collected is our top priority. We will always strive to ensure that your personal information and data will be protected against unauthorised access. We have implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure your personal information and data. All personal information and data provided by you will be SSL encrypted and transferred to our server or such other servers of third parties whom are duly authorised by us, and will be stored electronically with proper electronic password implementations. Such personal information and data are only accessible by our own or our authorised third party's authorised personnel, and such personnel shall be instructed to observe the terms of the Statement when accessing such personal information and data. Please rest assured that your personal information and data will only be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected as mentioned in paragraph above, unless you request us to cease to hold the same. Such request may render us unable to further provide our services, information and/or promotional materials for your benefit in the future.
7. Marketing materials We may from time to time send to you marketing and promotional materials and information regarding our products, services and the like based on the personal information and data that you have provided to us. If you do not wish to receive further marketing and promotional materials and information from us, you may opt-out by informing our Customer Service Officer at email@example.com or 4/F., Hong Kong Diamond Exchange Building, 8-10 Duddell Street, Central, Hong Kong
8. Access to Data You may at any time request access to, make amendments to and/or obtain a copy of your personal information and data which are stored in our record. To exercise your rights, please email our Customer Service Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address: 4/F., Hong Kong Diamond Exchange Building, 8-10 Duddell Street, Central, Hong Kong. We will endeavour to respond to your request(s) within 40days after receiving the same wherever possible, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so. Upon receiving the aforesaid request(s) from you, we may request you to provide personal details in order to verify your identity.
9. Enquiries Should you have any queries, please email us at email@example.com
or write to us at the following address: Shiamas Limited 4/F., Hong Kong Diamond Exchange Building, 8-10 Duddell Street, Central, Hong Kong